Hidden Figures - A Mini Review


Cheerio!

How is life?  Busy, stressful?  One thing that always helps me relax during busy weeks,  is a family movie night.  Almost every evening we rehearsal, events or Lolly is with her boyfriend.  So, we rarely have movies nights together anymore.  Friday afternoon Lolly came home from the store and suggested we have a movie night together.  Of course we said yes.  After a brief discussion we decide on watching Hidden Figures.  I know it came out a while ago, but we rarely go to the theater, so we hadn’t seen it yet.  

After watching it I decided I would do a mini review for all the you.


Synopsis
(From Google)

Three brilliant African-American women at NASA -- Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe) -- serve as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn (Glen Powell) into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race and galvanized the world. 


Pros

.  The characters!
.  The visuals.
.  They’re clothes.  Seriously, I want their dresses.
.  The three ladies were so smart.  It was insane and kind of satisfying.
.  They were brave, clever and resilient.
.  It made me cry. 
.  The music was fabulous.


Cons

.  There was a good deal a language.  They put in everything they could while keeping it PG rated.
.  I couldn’t understand what was being said.  All the math went over my head.  Math isn’t my strong point as it is, but they were trying to invent their own math.  It made my head spin. 
.  Since it was based on a true story some of the facts were obviously wrong.  I wanted to know what really happened.
.  It was a little slow at the beginning.



Overall it was a wonderful story of hope, love and courage.  I strongly encourage you to watch it.  Possibly save it for a while with younger children (because of the language), but other than that it was fantastic. 

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Pip
Have you seen Hidden Figures?
Would you like to read more mini reviews?
Let's talk!

   

Comments

  1. I loved the movie Hidden Figures! It was just super empowering and it just makes you feel proud to see what women can accomplish. It may be just me, but the math terms they were pointing we're easy to follow. I'd love to see you do more mini reviews!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was super empowering! Yeah, I technically understood what they were saying, but at the same time, didn't really. You know what I mean? I might have to do some more then. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions and converse in the comments. We love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

What Tech Week Looks Like + SURPRISES and Disappointments

Friendship Day + What My Closest Friends Taught Me

I'm Finally Back + Exciting News