The Creator's Click
From time to time I get stuck creatively. Nothing seems worth doing. Whenever I pick up my pencil to write, no words come. When I grab a paintbrush, the paper stays empty. I'll look through my fabric, but nothing is sewn. Everything feels bland. There is no creative click in the back of my brain.
It's hard to get out of a non-creative rut. Sometimes it happens when I've been doing too much of the same thing. Other times, when I've been to busy and now have no inspiration. Sometimes I look on Pinterest for inspiration. Usually it doesn't do much. I end up looking at my DIY board and sighing. Nothing seems worth doing and you have to sit back and wait for inspiration.
15 ways to find inspiration
1. Write a to do list and actually start checking things off.
2. Make yourself a treat.
3. Change your wallpaper.
4. Hide your phone. It’s insane how much you can get done without your phone distracting you.
5. Get some exercise. Preferably outside, but an indoor workout is great too. Here is the link to one I've been doing lately.
6. Tidy your craft supplies.
7. Try a new hairstyle.
8. Attempt to draw a map.
9. Write about what you would see on a daily basis if you were a random object.
10. Last, but not least… Relax. If you aren’t feeling it, just rest. You will feel creative again eventually.