Late Again!

Hello friends!

This past weekend was my first weekend of summer break!  It might have gotten to my head a bit too much because I was late for everything all day long.  I went to bed late, which resulted in me waking up late for our rehearsal across town.  As soon as we got in the car I discovered I was out of gas!  We were already leaving the house late because I woke up late and so getting gas made us about twenty minutes late to rehearsal.  I also just read this about respecting the theatre so I felt really bad. 



After rehearsal Pip and I went to Einstein's Bagels for a quick lunch.  We got a cheesy bagel and a blueberry bagel and split them so that we could each have half a sweet and half a savory bagel.  Then we went to Target for some super last-minute Mother's Day shopping.



Once we got home, we were both so pooped that we kind of just sat around for a bit when we should have been getting ready for a wedding we were attending that afternoon.  I'm really weird and don't like to get dressed for a special event until it's almost time to leave.  If I get dressed earlier I'm afraid I will get my clothes dirty.  When I did finally put on my dress (it was a new one that actually matched Pip's) I discovered it was see-through!  This was no-bueno.  It wasn't the kind of dress that I could just throw on a cami and a slip and call it good.  I discovered this problem about five minutes before we needed to leave.  Obviously I had to change and this had us running late for the wedding!  I was super stressed the entire way there.  I think I was kind of snappy at everyone which is terrible because it was my fault we were running late!  After all that stress we arrived only about two minutes late.  It was a lovely wedding, and I'm so glad we were able to attend.

As I was writing this post, I suddenly thought of Cleopatra by the Lumineers.  "I was late for this, late for that, late for the love of my life.  When I die, when I die alone, when I die I'll be on time."  I would recommend listening to this song without the video the first time around so it doesn't alter your opinion.  The song is a bit depressing, but the Lumineers are an incredibly inspirational group. 



Love,
Lolly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Tech Week Looks Like + SURPRISES and Disappointments

I'm Finally Back + Exciting News

Friendship Day + What My Closest Friends Taught Me