The Simple

Sometimes I get so caught up in everything.  The good, the bad the in-between-just all of it.  I have fun, loads of it.  But then when things settle down to normal, life seems bleh.  I become discontent.  I start looking on Pinterest more, which leads to subconsciously comparing my life to the picture perfect photographs.  Then, wow, just look at that sunset!  And the smell of the dirt, the taste of that popsicle, the air conditioner blowing on your face, clean water, sunshine, a good book, a new recipe, music.  There is so much to be thankful for.  I'm serious.   Just look around!

In today's culture we are so busy doing, doing, doing.  We think we have to be busy to be happy.  Not true.  Happiness is a choice.  You can choose to be discontent, or you can look at the small person sitting next to you and think wow, I'm so glad she's my sister. Life is really awesome guys.  Enjoy it!  The only thing you need is your heart and mind.  It takes nothing from you.

Sometimes (okay, very rarely) I wake up before my alarm.  The house is still quite.   I can almost feel the world yawning and waking up with me.  Everything seems new, prettier, more exciting.  Happy little shivers run up my back.  I want to do things, and yet, I also want to sit very still and soak in the moment.  I think it's important to just sit sometimes.  Just to go outside, sit in the grass, pray, let your mind wander.  When I do this I always feel refreshed and energized.

Do you ever see something beautiful and realize you are the only one seeing it?  No one else saw that sunset from that exact angle.  It's like you have a little secret.  Like it was put there just for you.  Sometimes you need to just be.  Be okay with not doing anything for a little while.  We are human beings, not human doings.  I'm honestly not sure who said that first, but it is so true.

I decided to celebrate life (because we need to do that sometimes) with a photo shoot.  What better way to enjoy the simple than to photograph it?

Here are my photos.  Tell me what you think!

Here are a few of my favorite things.  Don't blame me, I just saw a Sound Of Music play.


Old photos.

Nicely folded clothes.

Peter Pan's "kiss".

Piles of books.

Pink flower bouquets 

This photo was actually an accident, but I really adore it.

Popsicles and sisters.

Isn't she so cute?



Later she admitted that the popsicle was way to sour for her, so I ate it instead.



Moral of the story;  being busy isn't necessary to enjoy life.  Enjoying it, is your own choice.  Learn to love the simple. 

Thanks for reading!  I hope my ramblings weren't too boring.  

Love,
Pip
What gives you happy shivers?
A few of your favorite things?


Comments

  1. Lovely post, Pip! I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, and great message! Your sister is so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have to agree that she is pretty cute. :P

      Delete
  3. I love the Human Beings, not Human Doings quote! And you blog looks so nice! <3
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great message! I enjoy your writing as you express yourself so clearly. Your photography is wonderful too. Do you the photography, ideas, and writing all by your self? I just read all you past blogs and am looking forward to your next one. (from Jill in Wisconsin--- I don't know what everything means in the "select profile" list.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do most of the writing myself, but usually have someone proof-read it for me. God is the one who gives me the word to write. I hope you continue to enjoy my posts!

      Delete
  5. I love all of those books! "Little Women" Is one of my favorites! Have you ever read "An Old Fashioned Girl", also by Louisa May Alcott? I highly recommend it! Lovely post, your writing is beautiful!

    ELK
    https://brightliteweb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed reading my post! No, I haven't read it, although it sounds good. I have, however, read Eight Cousins by Louisia May Alcott. She was a fantastic author, don't you think?

      Delete
  6. Hi, Pip and Lolly I really enjoy reading your blog. It is like seeing you, Caroline, and Aunt Tammy every know and then. By the way this is LiLi. The blog about the cupcakes competition I really liked your cupcake and, it was smart to use fondant, some of those cupcakes were creative. Love you guy's! Tell Caroline, Savanah, and Aunt Tammy hi. I wish I could see you guy's more often!


    - LiLi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili! We love and miss you! I hope we can see each other soon. Maybe this summer, you never know!

      Delete
  7. Those pics of Caroline!!


    - LiLi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe? Life is full of surprises !

    - LiLi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions and converse in the comments. We love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

What Tech Week Looks Like + SURPRISES and Disappointments

I'm Finally Back + Exciting News

Friendship Day + What My Closest Friends Taught Me