My Wandering Thoughts

Hey!

I really wanted to get into the habit of posting twice a week (on Tuesdays and Fridays), but for some odd reason I can never seem to do it.  I feel like posting every Friday works pretty well, so I'll keep that up until I have more time.  *laughs at the fact I think more time is going to magically appear* 



This week has been a whirl wind.  Our aunt was hospitalized, so our Mom was gone constantly, then our other aunt came to visit (she stayed with us).  Plus, Lolly was gone all weekend, then had work/school/social/life, so Willa and I didn’t see much of her.  Oh, and now she’s sick.  As you can tell, I had have a lot to do.  With keeping the house in kind of running order, taking care of meals and keeping up with Peter Pan and Wendy rehearsals, I'm busy.  I'm not complaining though.  It's a growing experience. 

On Monday night, I realized my life felt perfect.  At first I thought it was just because rehearsal went well and I was in a good mood.  When I really thought about it though, there were so many frustrating and stressful things taking place.  And yet, I was calm and happy. 

So often I look to things to bring me joy.  Friends, family, possessions, movies.  They can bring me temporary comfort, but do I always look to God for long term happiness?  No.  The truthful answer is no.  I’m always messing this up.  I even look to myself to find joy and contentment.

Over the last few months I’ve been trying (and failing) to really trust God.  When I start to feel irritated or stressed I whisper “I trust You”.  And believe it or not, it helps!           

We must choose joy.  We will ALWAYS have problems, some larger than others.  Perfection isn’t going to happen on this earth.  Sometimes it seems like life is monotonous and dull-it isn’t!  Look out the window.  Sure, maybe the sky is grey and their might be snow on the ground even though it spring, but look at that bird! 

If anything, let the world see God’s light in us.  We should be the most joyful people in the world.  Jesus is our Savior.  What more could we ask?  I want everyone to see something different in me.  I want always to be cheerful.  There is a time for sadness and a time for joy.  We need to know the difference.  We should be “different” because we are.  God changed us.  Christians should be easily spotted because of their joy and love.  The world should want what we have. 


Choose trust.  Choose contentment.  Choose joy. 


Love,
Pip


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Pip! I needed this. ;) I am learning to trust God, and sometimes it's hard for me as well. But like you said, I will choose JOY! <3 :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you American Girl Doll Crafter! It can definitely be a struggle sometimes. <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely post, Pip! I really took thought to this!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I hope your aunt and Lolly are okay! And don't you just love those moments when life just feels so great?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions and converse in the comments. We love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

What Tech Week Looks Like + SURPRISES and Disappointments

I'm Finally Back + Exciting News

Friendship Day + What My Closest Friends Taught Me