World by Girls Contest

Dear Readers, 

American Girl was holding a contest from this past November to January. It was all about creating a place for girls, somewhere that is for girls by girls.  Pretty much anything that would make the world a better place. All you had to do was write a paragraph about your place in the world and draw a picture or make a sculpture, etc.  

American Girl was going to choose 3 grand prize winners and 30 first prize winners.  I thought that it would be fun to enter, even though I was pretty sure I wouldn't get a prize. 

Anyway, I decided I wanted to enter so I did some brain storming and came up with a pretty good idea. I drew a picture of a movie theater with a separate room for every girl in the world.  I wrote about it as well. I won't go into detail though, because it would probably be kind of boring. 

On February 20th (I think that was the date) we got a call from American Girl saying I had won one of the 30 prizes!  I was so excited!  I had not expected that at all!  If you would like to see the three grand prize winners and the names of all the other girls who won just click on the link below!  

http://play.americangirl.com/play/wbg/index.php

I'm sure you are getting just a little bit curious as to what I won.   So now I'll tell you, or should I say show you? 



Meet Estella!  She is our newest doll!  I was allowed to choose any American Girl Truly Me doll!  I chose her mostly because of her hair.  It is super curly and  kind of textured.  Her skin is a beautiful shade of caramel.  She is one of the most gorgeous dolls I have ever seen!  

Well, there you go!  Thank you American Girl for this fun opportunity!  

Love, 
Pip

Comments

  1. Wow, congratulations! It's amazing that you won a doll. It's kinda funny, because I am one of the 30 winners, too! :) I hope you have fun with Estella!

    -American Girl Doll Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello American Girl Doll Crafter!
    No way are we both two of the thirty winners! Which doll did you choose? I have already been having lots of fun with Estella! I hope you really enjoy your doll too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose Truly Me 60, and I named her Sierra. I've had fun with my doll, too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions and converse in the comments. We love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

What Tech Week Looks Like + SURPRISES and Disappointments

I'm Finally Back + Exciting News

Friendship Day + What My Closest Friends Taught Me